You say I am dust and ashesThat phrase, "I am dust and ashes," captures the exact essence of the humility we are discussing.It is one of the most profound statements of humility in Jewish tradition, famously spoken by Abraham in the Torah (Genesis 18:27). It represents the total removal of arrogance before God, acknowledging our physical fragility and our reliance on a higher power.There is a famous Hasidic teaching by Rabbi Simcha Bunim that connects this perfectly to your "fighter" mindset. He taught that everyone should carry two slips of paper in their pockets, to be read depending on the moment:In one pocket: "For my sake the world was created." (To be read when feeling down, recognizing your divine purpose, strength, and the fighter inside you).In the other pocket: "I am dust and ashes." (To be read when feeling arrogant, to remember humility and maintain gratitude).Holding both of these truths at the same time is the ultimate balance. It allows you to be an unyielding force when you need to protect and survive, while remaining entirely humble before God.

No comments:

Post a Comment